There are lots of stepping stones along the path to building a successful business, and one of those is making the decision to bring on help. Hiring people to do the things you’re either not well suited for, or to free up time to do the things only you can do to build your business.
For many authors that happens when we decide to hire a cover designer or an editor. But what about some of the other tasks that fill our non-writing time?
One of her strategies is to outsource certain aspects of her business to virtual assistants so that she has time to pursue her writing, her passion for learning, and her somewhat unusual exercise hobby. She wrote extensively about this process on her website, here and here.
In this episode, we’ll get into the details of how she finds and trains her virtual assistants, what she expects of them, and what having them has allowed her to do. She’ll share some of the benefits of finding the right people for your team, and the pitfalls of finding the wrong people.
- Chloe Adler’s Website- http://www.chloeadler.com/
- Chloe’s post on finding VAs (Part 1) and (Part 2)
- Chloe Adler’s Facebook Page- https://www.facebook.com/ChloeAdlerAuthor/
The Front Row Facebook Group (Jen Lehner) https://www.facebook.com/
- Screen Flow- https://screenflow.en.softonic.com/mac
- Trello- https://trello.com/
- WhatsApp- https://www.whatsapp.com/
- The Front Row- https://www.frontrow.com/
- Last Pass- https://www.lastpass.com/
- Hub Talent- https://talent.hubstaff.com/
- Hub Staff- https://hubstaff.com/
- Upwork- https://www.upwork.com/
- Miracle Morning for Writers- https://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Morning-Writers-Writing-Increases/dp/1942589050
- Link to the facial expression page mentioned in the show. http://www.bryndonovan.com/2015/04/05/master-list-of-facial-expressions/
Chloe’s Other Social Links
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/
- Instagram: https://www.
- Pinterest: https://www.
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.
- Author Page on Amazon: https://www.amazon.
- Email: [email protected]
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you’d like a deeper connection with the show, please check out the Author Biz Facebook Group.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left of the post.
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and mean a great deal to me. They matter in the rankings of the show, and I read every one of them. If you’re not sure how to leave an iTunes review, you can follow the step-by-step instructions here.
Please note: Amazon links in this post are affiliate links. You’ll pay no more for buying through these links but the show will earn a small commission.